As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Category talk:Kirk Paul Lafler's "White" Papers, Presentations, Podcasts and Webinars
- This page was created long before the Papers and Presentations facility came into existence. So straight out removal is also not appropriate. I would suggest moving the page back to where it was moved from in 2008. However, moving category pages cannot be done by an ordinary user, and requires an administrator with the appropriate user rights. Also, the full edit history of the target page might need to be first deleted and then restored to maintain the full page history. However, once that is done the page will appear as if it was never moved, rather than simply removed with the loss of information. This is better described as a Merge. I also think we need some clearer written instructions about how to use categories. - Cameron (talk) 16:21, 3 May 2014 (CDT)
- The structure of the Papers and Presentations pages is somewhat different and it is not at all clear to me how automatically/programmatically move or merge this page with that process. I have sent repeated requests, with offers to help, to Kirk to convert this page. I have sent another reminder. So if 30 days passes without any action, the page will be deleted. --Don Henderson (talk) 18:21, 14 November 2014 (CST)
- I see this is an old discussion that doesn't seem to have been resolved. I'm strongly against deleting the page outright, as that would delete Kirk's hard work and the edit history.
- If the community is still set on moving this page, I'd compare it (using a diff utility, available in most text editors) to the "2008" page.
- After the merge, "extra" pages should become redirects instead of being deleted. (this way, once again, the page history is still there)
- Of course, Kirk would be the ideal person to resolve the merge. - paulkaefer (talk) 10:54, 7 September 2016 (CDT)