As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
I edited Help:Contents to include all of the links now in the "Getting Started" section of the universal nav. Next step is to get rid of the "Getting Started" section of the universal nav and instead put a simple Help link, pointing to Help:Contents, near the top of the main menu.--Howles 10:53, 4 September 2008 (EDT)
How do I store a screen capture image on SASCommunity.org and include it in the text of an article? This page explains how to point to an external image, but I want an image stored here. --JackHamilton 18:32, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
Where do I ask questions about wiki best practice?
- Where is the sasCommunity:FAQ to be found?
- And where is the sasCommunity:Forum being held where sasCommunity:Users discuss what is done here on the sasCommunity:Wiki?
Or does everybody just do their own thing and make up the rules as they go along? If so, where is the sasCommunity:Documentation, or sasCommunity:consensus, of best, good, or agreed practice? - Cameron 00:48, 7 April 2013 (EDT)
MediaWiki now has Public Domain Help pages
- Are you suggesting we copy instead of link to the Contents page there. Want to make sure I understand your suggestion. --Don Henderson (talk) 14:19, 23 May 2014 (CDT)
- Yes. Since the MediaWiki help pages have a Public Domain copyright, we could copy the entire set of pages. However, I would suggest not going quite that far. Rather the most relevant page titles were copied. Each page would have a link back to the corresponding MediaWiki page, but the content of the page could be adapted to provide the essential help information, perhaps with some sasCommunity.org specific information, where relevant.
- I think it is a bad look to send help page readers directly to the MediaWiki help pages as it suggests we do not want to help them. We risk losing them to a Wikimedia project, or they might read something there that is not relevant to sasCommunity.org. The sasCommunity.org help pages would be first line help, possibly customised to sasCommunity.org, with further more detailed help being a link to the MediaWiki help pages. - Cameron (talk) 22:44, 23 May 2014 (CDT)
- seems like a reasonable suggestion to me. We just need a volunteer to do the work! --Phil Miller (STATPROF) (talk) 07:44, 24 May 2014 (CDT)