As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Ottawa Area SAS Users Society (OASUS)
Thursday May 28, 2015
- 08:30 Registration, Coffee and Light Refreshments
- 09:00 Welcome & Introduction - John Ladds, Statistics Canada
- 09:05 SAS News - Matt Malczewski, Communities Manager, SAS Canada
- 09:10 SAS OPUS – Joel Orr, Statistics Canada
- 09:15 SAS Accessible Analytics - Ed Summers, SAS Institute
- An overview of the accessibility program at SAS including motivation, priorities, process, demonstration of recent ground-breaking projects
- including collaboration with the Space Telescope Science Institute and NASA, as well as futures plans.
- 10:00 Q & A Session - Yves DeGuire, Statistics Canada
- Answers to your questions from the previous meeting will be presented.
- 10:30 Break, Networking & Job Exchange Table
- 10:50 Accessibility Tips and Tricks for SAS Programmers – Ed Summers, SAS Institute.
- A hands-on presentation providing practical examples and guidance for SAS programmers to use to produce accessible SAS output.
- 11:10 Localized Messages – Lihsin Hwang, Statistics Canada
- STRING EXTERNALIZATION is the key to making your SAS applications speak multiple languages, even if you can’t.
- Using the new features in SAS 9.3 for internationalization, your SAS applications can be written to adapt to whatever environment they are found in.
- 11:30 Closing Remarks & Door Prizes
- 11:55 Lunch (on your own)
- 01:00 SAS OPUS - SAS Ottawa Platform Users Society meeting.
Location: National Art Centre www.NAC-CNA.ca
Tentative dates for future OASUS meetings at the NAC
- Thursday November 26, 2015
- Thursday June 16, 2016
- Thursday November 17, 2016
For more information see our web site www.OASUS.ca
To contact someone on the executive info@OASUS.ca
Follow OASUS on Twitter at //twitter.com/OASUS
Join the discussions on:
- SAS Canada Community at //sascanada.ning.com/
“Come out of the desert of ignorance to the OASUS of knowledge”