As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Research Analyst Intermediate, MN/USA
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
COMPANY: Minnesota Department of Revenue
POSITION: Research Analyst Intermediate
JOB DURATION: Unlimited
LOCATION: St. Paul
DESCRIPTION: Research Analyst Intermediate Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers Date Posted: 09/28/2017 Closing Date: 10/20/2017 Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Revenue Department/ Revenue (inc Assessors)-MAPE Division/Unit: Tax Research / Tax Research Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift Travel Required: No Salary Range: $19.97 - $29.00/hourly; $41,697 - $60,552/annually Classified Status: Classified Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Association of Professional Employees/MAPE FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: 10/20/2017.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications: Experience/education must meet ONE of the following requirements:.
- 1.Two years of professional experience working with taxes, conducting research, or quantitative analysis work.
- 2.A Bachelor's degree in Economics or a closely related field that includes research and quantitative training and one year of experience described above.
- 3.A Master's degree in Economics, Public Policy or closely related field that includes research and quantitative training OR
- 4.Equivalent combination of analysis experience and education as listed above.
Applicants who meet the above requirements will be further evaluated based on the following:
Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines. Human relations skills sufficient to work with others on projects.
Preferred Qualifications: Computer training or experience with SAS, SPSS, SQL or equivalent software to conduct quantitative or statistical analysis. Training or experience developing models or conducting modeling activities. Successful participation of the State of Minnesota Star of the North Fellowship program
Physical Requirements Requires occasional moving of articles such as boxes, accounting records, laptop computer, and portable printer.
Additional Requirements Applicants invited to interview will be asked to provide a copy of their transcript.
Prior to an offer of employment, a background check will be conducted. This will include, but is not limited to checking degrees and licensures, criminal history, and tax filing and payment history. All individual income tax filing and payment obligations must be current prior to interviewing for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
RESPONSIBILITIES: Job Summary
- To determine if you meet the qualifications, apply online and submit additional information as described in the "How to Apply" section below. Failure to respond by the closing date of the posting or sending incomplete information may eliminate you from further consideration.
This position is responsible for tax research and analysis. Duties include developing revenue estimates and forecasting the impact of proposed changes in tax laws, creating spreadsheets and databases, and creating and running tax models. It is also responsible for conducting studies and analyses of state tax and related budget issues, and for writing reports.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: How to Apply
Step 1: To view the job posting, go to the State Careers website at www.mn.gov/careers, then enter Job ID 16613 in Keywords search. Your application must contain sufficient detail to determine qualifications. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
Step 2: Prepare a written response to the item listed below and email it to email@example.com. Please limit your response to no more than one page. Failure to respond by the closing date of the posting or sending incomplete information may eliminate you from further consideration.
- 1) Describe how your experience and training meets the minimum and preferred qualifications stated above. Please provide specific examples of work responsibilities, accomplishments, training, and courses taken.
- 2) Briefly describe a school or work-related project where you used quantitative analysis or statistics (or both). Include what steps were taken and the outcome.
- 3) List any training or experience not described above using computer software for creating spreadsheets, data manipulations, statistical analysis, or writing computer programs. Include what software you used, the frequency you used it, and for what purpose.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
Contact If you have questions about the position, contact Sonja Fink at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/556-6667.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Name: Sonja Fink
Phone: 651 556 6679
Fax: 651 556 3113
Web site: http://www.mn.gov/careers