As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
SAS ® Program Efficiency for Beginners
This paper presents simple efficiency techniques that can benefit inexperienced SAS ® software users on all platforms. Efficiency techniques are frequently documented as follows.
- Describe an efficiency technique.
- Demonstrate the technique with examples.
The drawback to this approach is that it can be difficult for SAS software users to determine when to apply the techniques. This paper takes an alternate approach, as follows.
- Describe an application or data set.
- Present simple efficiency techniques for the application or data set.
This approach is designed to make it easier for SAS software users to determine when to apply the techniques to their application or data set.
- Polzin, Jeffrey A, (1994), "DATA Step Efficiency and Performance." in the Proceedings of the Nineteenth Annual SAS Users Group International Conference, 19, 1574 - 1580.
- SAS Institute Inc. (1990), 'SAS Language Reference, Version 6, First Edition," Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.
- SAS Institute Inc. (1990), "SAS Procedures Guide, Version 6, Third Edition: Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.
- SAS Institute Inc. (1990), 'SAS Programming Tips: A Guide to Efficient SAS Processing: Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.