As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
SAS PLATFORM ADMINISTRATOR 9.4 – JERICHO, NY 3-MO C2H
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
SAS PLATFORM ADMINISTRATOR 9.4 – JERICHO, NY 3-MO C2H
COMPANY: Pinnacle Solutions, Inc.
POSITION: SAS PLATFORM ADMINISTRATOR 9.4
JOB DURATION: 3-MO C2H
LOCATION: JERICHO, NY
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: Until Filled
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly-experienced SAS Platform Administrator 9.4 as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Media Services Company, located in Jericho, NY for a 3-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site, Start in Mid-May.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 3-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Client requires an experienced SAS Platform Administrator 9.4 to administer a traditional SAS platform on a Linux OS. The Client currently has a PROD/ DEV environments.
This position will ensure that the SAS servers, as well as applicable security infrastructure and its systems and processes, are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives. The Administrator will plan, coordinate and implement the SAS product maintenance / patches and upgrades, backups, troubleshoot SAS system related problems, and be responsible for the overall availability of the SAS tools and software environment. Other responsibilities may include maintaining the SAS software roadmap, presenting technical briefings to the support staff, developers and the management team.
The ideal Administrator must possess the ability to interface with all aspects of an IT infrastructure especially as it pertains to setting best practices, making recommendations and working with SAS to make it fit with existing IT rules. The SAS Administrator who will be responsible for implementation, installation, architecture design and administration.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• SAS Metadata Management user management, defining libraries, setting permissions and access controls, creating metadata folder structure (SAS, Hadoop and RDBMS),
• Experience using SAS Management Console (SMC).
- • Creating Users.
- • Creating Groups.
- • Creating Roles.
- • Creating and securing folders.
- • Experience with Project and Custom repositories.
- • Creating and using Access Control Templates.
- • Creating, deploying and scheduling jobs.
- • Experience with SAS Configuration Wizard to administer web applications.
- • Experience monitoring Logs from within SMC.
- • Experience defining Servers and changing server definitions.
- • Experience creating SAS, RDBMS libraries.
• Server Skills.
- • Understanding server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security.
- • Knowledge of SAS configuration files such as autoexec, configuration and environment files.
- • Starting and stopping servers.
• Security and Authentication (related to the access of source data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP/) across multiple SAS products.
- o SAS/Access products and configuring to connect RDBMS servers.
- o SAS/Enterprise Guide.
- o SAS/Enterprise Miner.
- o SAS/BASE, IML, STAT, ETS.
- o SAS/Model Management (MRM).
- o SAS/GRID Looking to eventually install and configure SAS/GRID.
- o SAS Visual Analytics Server.
• Unix/Linux Shell Scripting.
• Partner with Insights, Modeling and reporting teams to deploy jobs in production.
• Automate Existing / legacy programs in SAS to Model management environment.
• Utilize Programming SAS, SQL, DB2 AND Hadoop scripts on Unix and Windows platform.
• Validate if all the components have been migrated and the right version is checked in.
• Perform sanity checks post deployment to ensure smooth production.
• Assist the Network team to implement, and manage security plan, policies and procedures.
• Assist SAS development team with SAS programming and ETL as needed.
• Coordinate efforts with corporate systems admin on cross domain issues and problem resolution Research, propose, and implement new hardware and software tools to increase project efficiency and security as needed.
LOCATION(S): Jericho, NY
WORK TYPE: 3-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site, Start in Mid-May
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.
Name: Tess Cunningham, Talent Acquisition & Client Relations Manager
Phone: (317) 423-9143 x815 (EDT)
Web site: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com/careers