As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
SENIOR SAS PREDICTIVE MODELER – BIRMINGHAM, AL 6-MONTH C2H
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
SENIOR SAS PREDICTIVE MODELER – BIRMINGHAM, AL 6-MONTH C2H
COMPANY: Pinnacle Solutions, Inc.
POSITION: SENIOR SAS PREDICTIVE MODELER
JOB DURATION: 6-MONTH C2H
LOCATION: BIRMINGHAM, AL
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: Until Filled
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly-experienced Senior SAS Predictive Modeler as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Financial Institution, located in Birmingham, AL for a 6-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site then Blended later (See NOTES below).
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 6-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
*** Client is open to allowing blended onsite and offsite work once FTE conversion occurs.
Candidate(s) will work closely with teams from IT, product and channel management to leverage data to develop models and insights. Preference will be given to individuals with financial services marketing experience.
Customer is looking to add two (2) predictive modelers to their team to work closely with cross functional teams. Models will need to be built within the SAS software framework.
• Work with business leaders to identify high impact opportunities
• Provide analytical consultation, modeling, and solutions to optimize business goals, objectives, and priorities.
• Design and develop advanced analytical data mining, forecasting, and optimization models.
• Implement and validate analytic solutions
• Provide science calibration support for statistical models
• Design and conduct studies for comparison and benefit assessment of various advanced analytical models
• Cultivate strong relationships with marketing, technology, and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment of modeling/analytic initiatives with business objectives and to identify new hypotheses for research
• Work with Information Technology (IT) to access, explore, and condition data.
• Develop and deliver executive-level presentations to diverse audiences summarizing findings and future considerations with focus on business-centric and stakeholder-relatable content
• Assist in the scaling of modeling capabilities by driving infrastructure improvements such as automation of data preparation, model training, and optimization
• Lead internal, contractor, or third-party vendor resources in support of predictive analytic capabilities and requirements
• At least 5 years of statistical analysis or analytical modeling experience.
• Experience within banking or financial services industry desirable.
• Experience with real-time decision systems or E-Commerce experience desirable.
• Experience mining transaction and event streams.
• Demonstrable specialization, expertise, or thought leadership in scientific/analytical concepts or techniques such as Decision Theory, Time-series Analysis, Multivariate Statistical Models, Sampling Designs, Probability Modeling, Econometric Models, Information Retrieval and Meta-analysis, Data Mining, Statistical Classification, Predictive Analytics, Behavioral Sciences, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
• Experience applying advanced analytics and knowledge to marketing activities/initiatives.
• Strong mathematical modeling skills and proficiency in the following SAS products:
- o SAS/GRID.
- o SAS Enterprise Miner.
- o SAS Enterprise Guide.
- o SAS/ETS.
- o SAS/STAT.
- o SAS Model Manager.
- o SAS/BASE & PROC SQL.
• Practical experience with statistical modeling procedures, including Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, GLM, Mixed models, and ARIMA models, machine learning and cognitive self-learning models.
• Proficiency in data cleansing and transformation in the creation of predictor variables from complex data structures.
• Ability to use SAS/BASE and PROC SQL to query RDBMS data warehouse systems to build analytical-type data marts.
• Experience productionalizing models and forecasts for both near-real time scoring and ad hoc scoring.
• Experience working with Customer Lifetime Value measures.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to coordinate amongst different functional groups.
• Ability to take ideas and put them into action.
• Ability to explain results to wider audience.
• Demonstrated strong organizational, time management, and collaboration skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new science, software applications, and tools.
• MA in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics, Data Mining, Machine Learning or related field.
• PhD is desirable
• SAS Predictive Modeling
• SAS Forecasting
LOCATION(S): Birmingham, AL
WORK TYPE: 6-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.
Name: Tess Cunningham, Talent Acquisition & Client Relations Manager
Phone: (317) 423-9143 x815 (EDT)
Web site: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com/careers