Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Difference between revisions of "What's New"
m (fixed formatting)
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
[http://www.sas.com/en_us/events/sas-global-forum/sas-global-forum-2017.html <u>SAS Global Forum 2017</u>].
[http://www.sas.com/en_us/events/sas-global-forum/sas-global-forum-2017.html <u>SAS Global Forum 2017</u>].
Revision as of 13:17, 10 August 2016
- 1 SAS Global Forum 2017 Call for Content Open
- 2 View Recorded Presentations from SAS Global Forum 2016
- 3 MWSUG 2016 Conference Call for Content is Open
- 4 Live Content from SAS Global Forum 2016
- 5 2016 SAS Global Forum Daily Schedules Available for Download
- 6 2016 Western Users of SAS Software Educational Conference Scholarships
- 7 There is still time to register for SAS Global Forum 2016
- 8 Free Tutorial with a Student Registration
- 9 Registration Discount through March 24th Announced
- 10 SAS Global Training and Education Opportunities Announced
- 11 SAS Global Forum Early Bird Registration Special Ends Soon
- 12 SAS Global Forum Kick Back party band Capital Cities Announced
- 13 SAS Global Forum 2019 Conference Chair Applications Available
- 14 SAS Global Forum Content is Now Available
- 15 SAS Global Forum Student Symposium
- 16 SAS Global Forum Junior Professional Program
- 17 Join us in Denver for PharmaSUG 2016
- 18 Giving Tuesday (LAST DAY TODAY!!)
- 19 sasCommunity Green Thumb Award
- 20 WUSS 2015 Call for Papers is Open
- 21 SAS® Global Forum 2015
- 22 Who is Contributing to sasCommunity
- 23 View Online Communities Meet-Up Recordings
- 24 Presenters: Create Your Papers and Presentations Index Page
- 25 Online Communities Meet-Up at SAS Global Forum 2014
- 26 SAS® Global Forum 2014: Save the Date
- 27 WANTED: Your SAS User Tips
- 28 What's New - Prior Years
Previous What's New announcements are listed here. Click the link to go directly to a previous announcement.
SAS Global Forum 2017 Call for Content Open
Data knows no boundaries!
Do you have a fresh, innovative idea or technique that other SAS® users would love to learn? Of course you do! Consider submitting a proposal.
Content runs the full gamut.
- Beginner to advanced skill levels.
- Newer technologies to foundational software.
- Anything from quick tips to really specific, in-depth knowledge.
Whether you’re just starting out or a seasoned practitioner, there’s something for everyone at SAS Global Forum 2017.
Need help with your content?
If you need some help bringing your idea to life, try our mentor program. Our mentors – all experienced presenters themselves – can offer you guidance and advice. Mentors can even help you write an abstract or outline.
View Recorded Presentations from SAS Global Forum 2016
Over 50 presentations including keynote speeches, general sessions, and presentations on SAS topics have been recorded. Even if you were unable to attend SAS Global Forum 2016 in Las Vegas, you can still view the selected presentations. Hear what Ariana Huffington says about redefining success, and how Susan Cain promotes the power of the introvert.
MWSUG 2016 Conference Call for Content is Open
The MWSUG 2016 Annual Conference will be held October 9-11, 2016, at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. Conference registration will open June 13. We are now accepting paper proposals!
Live Content from SAS Global Forum 2016
We hope you can join us in Las Vegas. But if you can't or happen to miss part of the conference, you don't have to miss out on all of the action! This year, we'll provide you with online access to more presentations and opportunities to interact with the SAS® online community than ever before.
2016 SAS Global Forum Daily Schedules Available for Download
Daily schedules suitable for printing and framing are now available for download.
Go to Attendee Resources, scroll down.
You may choose between color or black and white versions, there is a different PDF for each day. Print 'em and bring them to the conference.
2016 Western Users of SAS Software Educational Conference Scholarships
Conference Scholarships for Students, Faculty and New Professionals
If you are a student, professor, lecturer or new professional using SAS®, you may qualify to attend the Western Users of SAS Software (WUSS) educational forum and conference in San Francisco at a reduced cost by applying to one of the three conference scholarship programs being offered this year.
There is still time to register for SAS Global Forum 2016
There's still time to register! With SAS® users in mind, we’ve designed the consummate conference experience right in your backyard. You can sign up for day passes or register for the full conference. It's up to you.
Free Tutorial with a Student Registration
If a conference on the Vegas Strip with all of the perks isn’t enough, let’s make your decision a little bit easier.
For a limited time we’re throwing in a free pre- or post-conference tutorial when you register. You must be a full-time student. Professors, please pass along the good news.
Register now and use promo code: FREETUTORIAL.
Registration Discount through March 24th Announced
Did you miss the Early Bird Registration Special?? You can still get a discount if you register before March 24th!
No need to roll the dice on this one. We're offering 10% off registration for business and government attendees from March 10-24. Join us for a one-of-a-kind conference experience. Use discount code: VEGAS10. Register Now
SAS Global Training and Education Opportunities Announced
Unique learning experience at SAS Global Forum.
The post-conference training courses include everything from programming to Hadoop and SAS Visual Analytics. You can also take advantage of conference tutorials and hands-on workshops. Read more about training opportunities and registration discounts . . .
SAS Global Forum Early Bird Registration Special Ends Soon
This year's conference will not disappoint. More than 500 sessions and expert-led courses, plus unrivaled networking and professional growth opportunities.
Early-bird rates. Save on registration with our limited-time offer. You must register by Feb. 29
SAS Global Forum Kick Back party band Capital Cities Announced
Capital Cities has:
- Won MTV VMA for “Best Visual Effects in a Video”
- Been nominated for several Grammy and Billboard Music Awards
- Several hits including: “Safe and Sound,” “Kangaroo Court”, and “One More Minute”
This year's Kick Back party will be held at the Brooklyn Bowl.
SAS Global Forum 2019 Conference Chair Applications Available
Applications for the 2019 SAS Global Forum Conference Chair position are now available. You can learn more about this position, its roles, and its responsibilities by browsing a number of supporting documents on the conference leadership page. Hurry the deadline to apply is February 8th.
SAS Global Forum Content is Now Available
With more than 500 sessions and expert-led courses, check out the expansive list and see what SAS® Global Forum 2016 has to offer.
SAS Global Forum Student Symposium
We’re a little less than three months away from SAS Global Forum 2016. While conference organizers are making final plans and SAS users are busy registering and reviewing the agenda, a group of SAS experts are diligently judging a very special contest for this year’s conference.
SAS Global Forum Junior Professional Program
Read more about the Junior Professional Program for SAS Global Forum and apply by 1/31
Read this SAS Users blog about the Junior Professional Program and how it benefits those that have been using SAS for less than 3 years. Also read a great Q&A with a previous winner who was able to attend SAS Global Forum because of the award.
SAS users can apply for this year's awards by January 31.
Join us in Denver for PharmaSUG 2016
Giving Tuesday (LAST DAY TODAY!!)
sasCommunity Green Thumb Award
The 2015 Green Thumb Award for excellence in site gardening is awarded to Cameron. He is currently second in the list of all time top contributors to the site, with a User Contribution Score of over 1800 points.
WUSS 2015 Call for Papers is Open
Local and regional users groups, contact the sasCommunity.org Webmaster for assisance posting your conference notificaitons on the main page. Please allow up to three business days for an answer, although every effort will be made to provide an immediate response.
SAS® Global Forum 2015
Apr 23, 2015
SAS Global Forum Site SAS Global Forum 2015 is in Dallas April 26-20th. <p> Now Available: downloadable e-guide and check out Know Before You Go to find more information about what you’ll find at the conference including How to: VIDEOS covering How to Navigate SAS Global Forum, Navigate the Quad and Navigate the Online Scheduler!
Who is Contributing to sasCommunity
Apr 17, 2014
Check out the User Contribution Scores page to see who is contributing content or editing content on sasCommunity. The top 25 contributors for:
- the last 7 days
- the last 30 days
- all time
are listed in sortable tables.
View Online Communities Meet-Up Recordings
Mar 28, 2014
It's almost like being there . . .
Watch the recorded sessions of fellow community members and peers at the recent SAS Global Forum 2014 Online Communities Meetup.
Hear about the year in review from several online communities including SAS-L, SAS Support Communities, SASProfessionals.net, sasCommunity.org and more.
Enjoy the Videos
Presenters: Create Your Papers and Presentations Index Page
Mar 24, 2015 Click Expand to View Full Article
sasCommunity.org is happy to announce a new feature/service for presenters and audience members. You can continue the discussion online after the presentation. By creating articles for your presentations, you can easily:
- upload or create links to your paper
- share your code
- share your sample data
- share your PowerPoint presentation
- provide presentation updates
- create a space to continue the discussion of the topic of your presentation
- stay in contact with colleagues, even if your name or email address change
- get more exposure with category tags
- and more.
These new features make it even easier for you to share your presentation materials. We have added facilities to allow you to create articles about your papers for this and previous conferences. Now there is an easy way for you to have a single Presenters page that serves as an index for all of your presentations at SAS Global Forum, Regionals, Local User Groups, and more.
- Feel free to check out Art Carpenter's Presentation's Index Page for an example of a presenters index page.
- Please check out the list of Presentation Index Pages that have already been created.
- Once you have logged in, the first paragraph of the page tells you whether or not you have created your Papers and Presentation Index Page. And if you haven't there is a link to the step by step instructions to create your own personalized Index Page.
We at sasCommunity.org are here to help you publicize your presenter pages.
We look forward to your page creations. Let’s continue the discussion on sasCommunity.org! Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do to help you.
The sasCommunity.org Advisory Board </p>
Online Communities Meet-Up at SAS Global Forum 2014
Mar 20, 2014
Join fellow community members and peers for drinks and hors d'oeuvres at SAS Global Forum 2014.
This year's auction item will be an almost full set of the original SUGI proceedings.
The meeting will he held Tuesday, Mar 25, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM . All welcome and invited!
SAS® Global Forum 2014: Save the Date
Feb 21, 2014
Have you been waiting to register for SAS Global Forum 2014? Wait no longer! Time is running out to take advantage of savings. Sign up by March 12 to save $50 at the SAS Global Forum Site.
WANTED: Your SAS User Tips
Feb 14, 2014
Facts about the sasCommunity.org Tip of the Day project:
- > Anyone can submit a SAS user tip. Just login with your user idea and follow the directions here.
- > A team of SAS users review tips for accuracy. Here is the list under review (feel free to add comments).
- > SAS users have submitted over 275 tips! Browse and search the list.
- > SAS user tips are always welcome. Keep them coming!