As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
AML Data Analyst, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
COMPANY: SANTANDER BANK
POSITION: AML DATA ANALYST
JOB DURATION: PERMANENT
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
DESCRIPTION: The AML Data Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the design, development, and maintenance of automated transaction monitoring programs, as well as the production of various routine and ad hoc reporting. He/she will work with various members of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to support the Bank’s compliance with US federal laws, as well as internal policies and procedures.
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: N/A
- Practical and proficient knowledge in data mining and analysis applications (e.g., SAS, SQL, Excel).
- Knowledge of statistics and/or other quantitative analysis techniques.
- Highly analytical thinker with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes and simplifying difficult concepts.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing. Demonstrated ability to read, speak, and write fluent English.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into a logical and cohesive whole, as well as summarize and present complex data in an organized, concise manner (i.e., reporting).
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Assist in the data analysis and documentation processes required to support the development, testing, and implementation of AML models and scenarios used across the FIU.
- Design and develop AML reports, analyses, and other presentations encompassing all critical FIU processes for review with FIU leadership team and Executive Management. Assist in the transformation of manual report production to an automated process.
- Design queries to perform data mining, data analytics, and data extractions across AML databases using various data mining systems and tools (SAS, SQL, etc.).
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of data used to prepare and report various metrics of the bank to internal and external parties using PowerPoint, Excel, and Tableau.
- Develop FIU key risk indicators to monitor effectiveness of AML models and provide insightful recommendations to improve performance.
- Write formal and fact based documentation (e.g., memos, reports) detailing work performed, including procedures, assumptions, and results/findings.
Education: Bachelors or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a banking or other professional setting
- 1+ years banking/BSA/AML experience
- 1+ years of reporting experience
Licenses/Certifications: Related professional certifications, such as CAMS or CFE (nice to have)
Technical Qualifications & Skills: Experience with data analytics tools (e.g., SAS, SQL, etc.), Microsoft Office software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and visual analytics software (Tableau, Visio etc.)
Name: K. Barnabei