As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Abbott Vascular - Sr. SAS Programmer Analyst
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
- 1 The Position
- 2 Core Job Responsibilities
- 3 Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- 4 Position Accountability / Scope
- 5 Minimum Education
- 6 Minimum Experience / Training Required
- 7 Application
The SAS Programmer/Analyst will review clinical study protocols and CRFs, work with biostatisticians, writers and clinical staff to generate data summarization, analysis and reports; writes and documents programs; writes command files; generates analysis databases in SAS; produces tables, listings and plots presenting data; reviews reports for consistency between text and tables; and performs ad hoc programming.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Perform data management for study data by utilizing appropriate methods, software, and systems. 2. Query and select data from large clinical, observational, and health care administrative databases. 3. Consult on collection and format of study data to ensure integrity of data. 4. Produce tables and graphical display of data for publications, abstracts and other request needs. 5. May populate data sources for outside regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA submissions-PMA's, progress, and final study reports) through understanding of the data and regulations. 6. Validation of programming code used to produce tables and data for submissions to regulatory agencies.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
May provide work direction and guidance to exempt and/or skilled nonexempt levels of employees; may be asked to evaluate performance of and assist in career development planning for subordinates.
Position Accountability / Scope
Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments. Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel. May lead a project team. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. Influences middle management on technical or business solutions. May interact with vendors.
Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work assignments.
Exercises judgment in selecting innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Bachelor's degree plus 6+ years of related work experience with a strong understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)
Solid understanding and application of business concepts, procedures and practices. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on their business unit.
To apply go to www.abbott.com OR forward resume to email@example.com