Announcement messaging for sasCommunity.org
This article is intended as a page where the Executive Board of the SAS Global Users Group can collaboratively build their message for the announcement of sasCommunity.org at SAS Global Forum 2007. Please make your contributions to the following bullet points about the purpose, ownership, use and value of the web site. --PaulGrant 15:06, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
What are the benefits of the sasCommunity.org ?
The benefits of the sasCommunity.org include :
- sasCommunity.org is provided by the SAS Global Users Group for the benefit of the worldwide SAS Community
- The SAS Community includes SAS users (programmers) and anyone interested in SAS anywhere in the world.
- sasCommunity.org is available 24/7/365 to anyone in the world with internet access.
- The services available at sasCommunity.org are provided free of charge.
- The site features articles and blogs contributed by members of the SAS Community throughout the world.
- Unlike SAS-L, SAS Institute staff can contribute content to sasCommunity.org.
- SAS Institute doesn't control the content of the site.
- Any SAS user groups (regional, national, local, in-house) can use the site for its own purposes (including posting notices of their events, publishing their newsletter, etc.).
- Consultants and trainers can post notices of their services and classes (at no charge).
- Organizations can post job openings (at no charge).
- Authors or book publishers can post (at no cost) announcements and reviews of SAS-related books.
- We envision sasCommunity.org evolving into the one-click site for any SAS related service for the worldwide SAS Community.
How do I join the sasCommunity.org ?
- To become a registered user of sasCommunity.org, a person needs only access to the internet and an email address.
- An email address must be provided and confirmed for registering users. Note that this email address is not exposed on the site. Setting appropriate options in my preferences allows the user to receive email through the site from other users or for pages that are being watched.
- The URL for the website is: 'www.sasCommunity.org'
- The web site is based on wiki technology. Its content is contributed collaboratively by registered users around the world.
- Any registered user of the website can add, change or delete content.
- The site is self-policing: it relies on its registered users to correct incomplete, misleading or inaccurate information.
- All content on the site must be SAS-related.
To join the sasCommunity.org, please follow the steps below.
- Visit the www.sasCommunity.org website
- Select the "log in" link from the getting started menu located on the lower left side panel or click here to create a logon USERID
- Create a USERID (case sensitive). An email address must be provided and confirmed for registering users. Note that this email address is not exposed on the site.
- Set appropriate options in my preferences tab (located on the top middle) allows the user to receive email through the site from other users or for pages that are being watched.
What should I do if I have questions ?
Please contact the sasCommunity.orgif you have questions regarding