What is BI Flash?
BI Flash is an iPhone application, developed by Meta-Xceed, Inc., that allows you to view SAS data and run reports, on a SAS server, which are then delivered to your iPhone. The reports generated can be dynamic in that the programs are parameter driven so the user can select specified values which then refreshes the reports in real time delivering the report to an iPhone containing the latest available data.
The programs are stored as SAS macros on the server and the parameters of the macros are presented with an iPhone interface including common check list or spinning dial selectors. The graphs that are generated can also be viewed with dynamic zoom capabilities of the iPhone multi-touch interface. BI Flash allows you to view SAS datasets directly or execute a list of programs such the administrator can add to on the server. This can provide a portable and most up to date data and information in the convenience of an iPhone combined with the power of SAS business intelligence analytics from the server.
SAS Analytics Delivered to iPhone
- Deliver SAS Reports and Data to Mobile Users.
- User Friendly Office Interface for Parameter Selection without Programming.
- Capture Real Time Data from SAS Directly from your iPhone.
- Includes Intuitive Web Interface for Administrators and Power Users.
Deliver Powerful Business Intelligence to iPhone
Any SAS macros, programs or data can be delivered to iPhone. By simply registering the programs or SAS libraries, you can make this available to specified users who connect via standard 3G or Wifi network and results are delivered into a viewer on iPhone. This is executed in real time so the user gets always the latest data.
Users do not need to be SAS programmers since the parameters of the SAS Macros are delivered as selection boxes and pull down menus on the iPhone. The standard friendly interface of the iPhone is now the front end to customized powerful analytical summary reports from a SAS server. The registration of SAS programs, data and definition of parameters is flexible with a user interface or a macro interface.
- SAS Macros run on an iPhone (Video) - This video shows how it can be done with parameter selection on the iPhone.
- SAS iPhone App Architecture - Description of the system architecture of how to connect iPhone to SAS server
- Running SAS Macros - Description of a SAS Macro with ERRORs on iPhone and how to review SAS Log
- Viewing SAS Datasets - How do you view SAS datasets on an iPhone by chunking it.
- Application Server - Setting Up SAS Application Server for iPhone.
For more infomation, please visit: http://meta-x.com/biflash/index.html