As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Biostatistician - Durham, NC
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
COMPANY: Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
JOB DURATION: Fulltime/regular
LOCATION: Durham, NC
DESCRIPTION: Social & Scientific Systems is seeking a Biostatistician to support population-based and clinical research studies through contracts with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Veterans Affairs (VA), and other governmental agencies. As a Biostatistician in our group you will have the opportunity to participate in interesting health research programs while working in a fast paced team environment. You will also have the opportunity for career advancement, while working on a variety of projects and tasks. In this role, you will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of public health professionals. You will contribute to the design of studies, perform statistical analysis, interpret data, and prepare oral and written scientific reports. You will also provide scientific expertise to multi-disciplinary research teams (statistical programmers, project managers, research assistants).
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: None
- MS degree in Biostatistics or Statistics.
- Minimum of 1 year Statistical Programming experience, with SAS and other statistical or GIS software packages. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Competency in use of standard statistical software packages to perform statistical analyses is necessary; with experience using SAS and other software programs (e.g., R, SUDAAN) preferred.
- Scientific/technical writing experience.
- Prior experience working on environmental health studies.
- Experience with critical review and interpretation of scientific literature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail required.
- Proven proficiency in applying statistical data analysis and reporting results.
- Contribute to the statistical design of epidemiologic studies
- Work collaboratively with other team members as well as clients, who have varying levels of understanding of statistics, in the development of scientifically sound study and project designs.
- Provide consultation on statistical methodology and data gathering techniques.
- Create regular and ad hoc reports for clients and provide expertise to the programming staff to insure data integrity and their timely completion
- Prepare statistical analysis plans
- Prepare statistical power calculations
- Conduct scientifically and statistically accurate and valid data analysis using SAS and other statistical software using standard and advanced statistical techniques
- Provide expertise regarding advanced statistical techniques and procedures for clinical and observational studies
- Analyze and interpret data; and display results using tools and techniques such as geographic information systems (GIS)
- Contribute to the methods and statistical analyses of scientific communications including scientific presentations and manuscripts, protocols, and scientific methods sections of proposals and contracts
- Work collaboratively with other team members and leadership to develop and cultivate relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Meet with and make presentations to clients
- Serve as an ad hoc methodological and statistical consultant, as needed
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is based in our Meridian Parkway office located in Durham, NC. SSS offers an excellent total compensation package, including medical, life, and disability insurance, annual leave, stock ownership, 401(k) plan, education assistance, casual work environment, commuter benefits, flexible hours, and more.
Review full requirements/description and apply online at www.s-3.com - see Req. #1185. EOE M/F/D/V
CONTACT INFORMATION: Name: Recruiter
Web site: www.s-3.com