As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Category:Upgrade from V8 to V9
Earliest SAS-L posts re V8 to V9
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:07:12 -0600
- check our most excellent archives:
- search for:
- substring search: [X]
- subject contains: v9
- author's address:
- since: Feb 2003
- tip v9 tightening up on missing semicolon
- tip v9 careful match of sQuotes
- ods v8.2 and v9...1 Document
- tip: v8 to v9 Proc Migrate
- list of new features in v9
Upgrade from V8 to V9
What you need to know or do when you change from v8.2 to v9.1.
You might like to refer to http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration/
New in V9
- 9.* http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/whatsnew.hlp/whatsnewoverview.htm
- 9.1.3 to 9.2 http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsnew/61982/PDF/default/whatsnew.pdf
When referring to variable names, case may be important.
proc options define value option = validvarname; run; * values in: V7 | UPCASE | ANY ; options validvarname = ANY; options validvarname = UPCASE; options validvarname = V7;
Quotes in Comments
Remove single and double quotes from comments;
change this: * don't bother with the exceptions here; to this: * do not bother with the exceptions here;
--macro maven == the radical programmer 16:08, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- This page was last modified 04:01, 18 August 2007.
- This page has been accessed 325 times, as of 2008-Jun-17
Pages in category "Upgrade from V8 to V9"
This category contains only the following page.