As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
DATA INTEGRATION DEVELOPER – INDIANAPOLIS, IN
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
UPDATE!!! SORRY! THIS IS CLOSED!
DATA INTEGRATION DEVELOPER – INDIANAPOLIS, IN
COMPANY: Pinnacle Solutions, Inc.
POSITION: DATA INTEGRATION DEVELOPER
JOB DURATION: Full-time
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: SORRY! CLOSED!
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Data Integration Developer as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team located at our corporate office in Indianapolis, IN for a full-time position, all on-site.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
This position involves designing and implementing data management work-flows, creating data quality routines, identifying data quality measurements, and creating analytics based on client requirements. The ideal Candidate will lead efforts to extract and transform diverse sets of data into a continuous system. In addition, this person will help identify and prevent data quality and performance issues and work with clients to strengthen data processing competence.
• Execute complex SQL queries of large table(s) efficiently using advanced SQL commands.
• Ability to apply strong SQL optimization techniques.
• Experience in a Client-Facing Role.
• Serve as a technical and analytical resource in efforts to integrate SAS technology into the production system—either indirectly or directly.
• Experience designing, developing, automating and testing source to target mappings using SAS DI Studio.
• Base SAS experience performing ETL.
• Ability to scope current and historical extracts into a flow to load into a logical data model. This flow includes all extracts, transformations, standardizations, and loadings.
• Document and explain the loading process including all extractions and transformations.
• Ability to work with data integrity standards.
• Knowledge of corporate DI standards and ability to maintain those standards within DI processes. These standards include coding, logging, testing and metadata generation/organization/naming conventions.
• Some specific data assessment tasks include, but are not limited to:
- o Knowledge of sources -- their locations, type and accessibility requirements.
- o Working with source and target data sizes; ability to provide estimates for disk size.
- o Byte-level file formats descriptions
- o Table layout descriptions
- o Primary Key identification
- o Inter-relationships amongst source data and targets.
- o Maintain data integrity issues such as column lengths, null keys, key referential integrity, missing values, improper/inconsistent values, value types.
- o Ability to work with various update/refresh schedules such as daily,weekly,monthly, etc.
• Understanding of performance issues when working with DI Studio.
- o Knowledge of SAS processing in a way that gives options for different methods of processing in order to attain performance gains.
- o Knowledge of various SAS methods at getting increased performance by putting datasets into memory using things like SASFILE or HASH objects.
• Perform any knowledge transfer related to software tools required by the customer
REQUIRED SKILL SETS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Individuals with 2+ years of Base SAS, SAS/ACCESS engines, Enterprise Guide, DataFlux, and/or DI Studio
• Minimum 2 years of experience with any ETL tool including standardization and validation
• Minimum 3 years of SQL experience
• Understanding of relational database structures
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
PREFERRED SKILL SETS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, Match code generation, Golden customer identification, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
• SAS Certifications
LOCATION(S): Indianapolis, IN
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all on-site
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance Partner, Futrix Business Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.
Name: Tess Cunningham, Talent Acquisition & Client Relations Manager
Phone: (317) 423-9143 Ext 815
Web site: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com/careers