As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Director - Program for Computing Systems and Coding Strategies Health IT Policy - Durham NC or Waltham MA
POSITION:Director - Program for Computing Systems and Coding Strategies Health IT Policy (1701O)
JOB DURATION:Full Time
LOCATION:Research Triangle Park, NC or Waltham, MA area.
DESCRIPTION:We are currently seeking a Director of the Program for Computing Systems and Coding Strategies. In this exciting new
role, the director will lead a diverse group of programmers across multiple regional offices. The director will lead the effort to formalize the knowledge and best coding practices of the major systems in which our staff work at the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and with RTI; collaborate with program managers to efficiently organize and allocate labor; and function as a project task lead for programming work. This positon requires a special candidate who is equally adept at coding (at a 75% level of effort) and managing. This program and the Program for Health Data and Common Methods are within the Center for Health Data Analytics. The directors of these groups will interact closely with each other to promote and achieve the goals of the Center.
This position will be located in the Research Triangle Park, NC or Waltham, MA area.
- Contribute to key projects as a programmer or task lead of programming work - Develop a system for storing and sharing our knowledge of major systems at CMS (e.g., CCW, IDR) and within RTI
(e.g., FIPS moderate environment, SAS Grid), with an emphasis on identifying the best coding practices within each environment;
- Work with program managers to plan and organize programming tasks and allocate staff - Oversee program managers to promote leadership and professional development opportunities for staff - Identify and develop new partnerships and areas for growth that are consistent with the Center’s mission - Establish standards for programming and quality assurance within the program; - Represent the program to our clients and at various levels throughout the Institute; and - Contribute to proposals as a consultant and writer Qualifications - External Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Health Policy or related degree and 10 years of SAS programming
experience. Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Health Policy is desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in managing a diverse group of technical staff or in directing project work; - Experience in working with relational databases is desirable - Research experience in contract work with the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or in a health related field is
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior
executives, management, and technical staff;
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
CONTACT INFORMATION: Please apply directly www.rti.org/careers req#1701O
Web site: