As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Health Care Claims Data Analyst - St. Paul, MN
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
COMPANY:Minnesota Department of Human Services
POSITION:Health Care Claims Data Analyst
LOCATION:St. Paul, MN
DESCRIPTION:This Health Care Claims Data Analyst position is part of the Data Analysis Team which is collectively responsible for analyzing health care data for purposes such as estimating the need for health care services, evaluating and improving payment methodologies, estimating the impact of changes in delivery and payment systems, and measuring health care outcomes.
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE:9/11/2015
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 year of experience in SAS and/or SQL programming.
- 1 year of experience with relational databases and/or data warehouse environments.
- Extensive knowledge of and demonstrated experience with data extraction, data manipulation, data transformation and interpretation.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels within and outside of the organization, and have excellent communication skills.
- Assisting internal and external customers with defining data needs, accessing DHS data using complex queries, and transforming data into useful forms using state-of-the-art tools and rigorous methodologies.
- Performing high-quality data analysis and interpretation in order to distill useful information from the data and presenting that information in a customer-friendly format.
- Providing technical consultation to management and staff within the organization. Participating on and leading cross-functional and cross-organizational project teams working on defining data needs and designing solutions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates must apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official application and hiring site. See instructions below on how to submit your resume and application. For assistance with this process, contact the Website Helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT on Friday, September 11th, 2015. 1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers 2. Select “Applicant Help” 3. Click “Apply for Jobs” to create an account and submit your resume 4. Apply for job posting number: 15DHS000999 (NOTE: the classification for this position is Agency Policy Specialist)
CONTACT INFORMATION: Name:
Web site: YourWebSiteName