As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Health Data Analyst II - Austin, TX
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
COMPANY: TMF Health Quality Institute
POSITION: Health Data Analyst II
LOCATION: Austin, TX
Expectation for All Employees Support the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: model integrity, embrace innovation, celebrate success, strive for excellence, focus on those we serve and foster trust.
Apply statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical and qualitative data to provide usable information. Perform routine to highly complex analytic tasks.
- Analyze program data using the following steps:
1. Define data requirements that may require research of applicable governmental regulations. 2. Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for invalid and missing data, and adjusting and weighting the raw data. 3. Process large amounts of data using statistical and relational database software. 4. Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results. 5. Make recommendations based on the results.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the contents, limitations, and potential uses of all available data sets relevant to assigned task areas.
- Develop measures to assess contract performance in assigned task areas, and make changes to those measures as required with contract modifications.
- Design, produce, analyze and debug routine data reports for all levels of staff.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, tables, and written reports using statistical, spreadsheet and/or word-processing software.
- May provide training or education in such areas as the use of reporting application, use of software applications, principles of statistics, etc., to large groups requiring preparation of presentation materials and public speaking.
- Provide technical support to customers including answering questions, trouble-shooting problems and assisting in modification of program code.
- Develop documentation for all analyses to include storage location of all files (i.e., program code, data sets, output); thoroughly document program code and monitor use of disk storage, archiving data sets when not in use.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Develop quantitative measures to assess program effectiveness (e.g., internal quality control indicators, reduction of at-risk behaviors, cost savings).
- Assist other members of the Analytic group by checking program code for adherence to specifications and checking output for correct results.
- May present results of analysis to large external groups requiring preparation of presentation materials (using PowerPoint) and public speaking, or may write results of analysis in journal article format for peer-reviewed or other external publications.
- Assure compliance with regulatory, contractual and accreditation entities. Maintain strict adherence to confidentiality and security policies and procedures. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Education Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, economics or a related discipline 9 hours of graduate level statistics
- OR Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, economics or a related discipline
Experience 3 years analyzing data using SAS statistical software package
Additional Preferred: Knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding systems
Preferred: Base SAS certification
Skills Required Basic Skills Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Mathematics, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Writing Social Skills Coordination, Instructing (ability to explain complex mathematical information to a lay audience), Service Orientation Complex Problem Solving Skills Complex Problem Solving
Technical Skills Programming, Quality Control Analysis, Troubleshooting
Systems Skills Judgment and Decision Making Resource Management Skills Time Management
Desktop Computer Skills Spreadsheets, Presentations, Internet, Navigation, Word Processing, Graphics, Databases, SAS, Structured Query Language Skills Preferred MS Access Knowledge Required English Language, Mathematics Knowledge Preferred Medicare Claims Billing/Processing, Medicare Regulations, Medical Record Review, Quality Improvement Concepts/Methods
Benefits TMF offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance
- Section 125 plan
- 401K Flexible schedules
- Competitive salary
- License/credentials reimbursement
- Free covered parking
CONTACT INFORMATION: PLEASE VISIT OUR CAREER CENTER TO APPLY! http://jobs.tmf.org/ TMF Health Quality Institute is an equal opportunity employer.