As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Sections and subsections, paragraphs, newlines:
- Sections and subsections result in automatic Table of Contents, section only editing, etc. These are all good things.
- Just insert a line break to start a new line.
==Section Title here== ===Subsection Title here=== ====even deeper nesting==== ---- inserts Horizontal ruler (use sparingly)
- table syntax The short answer is, use HTML, XHTML or |.
- Begin a line with one or more spaces to force typewriter font and ASCII indenting (it will automatically enclose it in the shadowbox, if that's part of the skin you're using.)
- Just use <tt> and </tt> to have inline typewriter font, like this.
Strike through textwith <s> and </s>
- underline text with <u> and </u>
- Change text color by using <font color=red> ''text'' </font> read more. . .
- Bold and Italics are both forms of emphasis (and use a lot of single quotes), like this: Emphasize, strongly,very strongly.
''Emphasize'', '''strongly''', '''''very strongly'''''
- Unordered Lists
- Use a *. More stars mean deeper levels.
- Ordered Lists
- Use a #. More hashes mean deeper levels.
- Definition lists
- Term bolding happens automatically. This is an example...
===Creating Lists=== ;Unordered Lists : Use a *. More stars mean deeper levels. ;Ordered Lists: Use a #. More hashes mean deeper levels. ;Definition lists: Term bolding happens automatically. This is an example...
- Use <nowiki> and </nowiki> to interpret character references, and remove newlines and multiple spaces
- Use <pre> and </pre> to keep newlines and multiple spaces, and get typewriter font, but interpret character references
- If you enter [[Apache]], you see Apache.
- If you enter [[help:contents|help page]], (that's wikiPage-pipe-phrase) you see help page
- First letter of target is automatically capitalized.
- Internally spaces are automatically represented as underscores (typing an underscore has the same effect as typing a space, but is not recommended).
- Thus the link above is to http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_policy, which is the page with the name "Video policy".
- If you enter [http://www.google.com Google], (that's externalLink-space-phrase) you see Google
Emphasizing SAS Code
When your article includes SAS code you can format it so that it takes on many of the characteristics shown in the Enhanced SAS Editor. Surround your SAS code with
<source lang="sas"> sas_code_here</source>
Your program will look like this:
proc sql noprint; select distinct age into :idage1 - :idage99 from sashelp.class; %let agecnt = &sqlobs; quit;