As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
This page describes how to combine output data sets from the frequency and summary procedures and calculate outliers according to Grubbs' and Tukey's algorithms.
This is R&D for a paper being submitted to the fall regionals, 2015
The Frequency Procedure
The Summary Procedure
- Outliers definition -- Wikipedia
- Frank E. Grubbs bio from ordnance.army.military
- Grubbs' test for outliers Wikipedia
- see also ballistipedia Statistical_Measures_for_Riflemen_and_Missile_Engineers
- Sample Criteria for Testing Outlying Observations in The Annals of Mathematical Statistics, Volume 21, Number 1 (1950), pg 27-58.
- Procedures for Detecting Outlying Observations in Samples Paperback – 1974
- Detection of Outliers in Analytical Data – The Grubb’s Test
- John Tukey bio -- Wikipedia, the definer of the phrase exploratory data analysis (EDA)
- Exploratory Data Analysis -- Wikipedia
- Exploratory Data Analysis books.google, John Wilder Tukey Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Jan 1, 1977 - Mathematics - 688 pages
- Tukey's outliers short definition
- How to look at data A review of John W. Tukey's Exploratory Data Analysis, J Exp Anal Behav. 1979 May; 31(3): 433–440.
- James Handsfield CHEKOUT: A SAS(R) Program to Screen for Outliers
- Edward Tufte
--Ronald_J._Fehd macro.maven == the radical programmer (talk) 11:26, 23 March 2015 (CDT)