As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
SAS Statistical Programmer - Basel, Switzerland
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
POSITION: Statistical Programmer, Quantitative Sciences & Innovation
JOB DURATION: Permanent
LOCATION: Basel, Switzerland
DESCRIPTION: As a Statistical Programmer in Novartis Quantitative Sciences & Innovation / Biomarker Development / Translational Medicine, you will be responsible for all project level programming aspects (analysis datasets, pooled datasets, listings and tables) for exploratory drug development programs.
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: 06/01/17
- Bachelor or higher degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science
- Advanced/fluent English
- Significant experience in a programming role preferably supporting clinical trials / in the pharmaceutical industry
- Expert knowledge of SAS software and experience with R programming language
- Strong interpersonal and communication / presentation skills with experience from an international matrix multi-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Good understanding of global clinical trial practices, procedures and methodologies
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements relevant to Translational Medicine (e.g. GCP, ICH)
- Experience in providing recommendations for maintenance or development of global policies, procedures and clinical data presentation standards (e.g. CDISC)
- Intermediate knowledge of office productivity software
- Good problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Used to working as part of a team, without close supervision, under pressure and meeting timelines
- Manage the clinical and biomarker programming activities for a global project following internal project management guidelines and resource planning
- Take a programming leadership role within Biomarker Development (BMD) and Translational Medicine
- Proactively support BMD-initiated studies as a subject matter expert for data access, extraction, and reconciliation across clinical development programs (Proof of Concept to PhIV)
- Maintain efficient interfaces with internal analytical and clinical scientists with guidance from BMD management
- Develop and comply with project / study standards and specifications following internal and regulatory guidelines
- Oversee programming style, quality of Quantitative Sciences & Innovation/BMD contributions and compliance with timelines
- Program, according to specifications, analysis datasets, pooled datasets, listings, summaries, figures and tables for Phase I-IV clinical trials. Ensure quality control and quality audit of deliverables
- Maintain standardized records for project programming and archive trail / project analysis and associated documentation. This may involve designing or enhancing data storage systems
- Participate in the selection of CROs and supervise Quantitative Sciences & Innovation project activities for CROs
- Train staff on trial and project level activities and internal processes
- Participate in or lead non-clinical activities
- Perform appropriate merging and reformatting of datasets and derive new variables, carefully documenting each step
- Work closely with TM/BMD/QSI scientists to understand definitions of relevant variables
- Quickly identify possible data errors or inconsistencies and work independently with appropriate personnel to resolve them
- Number check and proof read reports and presentations for accuracy and clarity