SASautos Companion Reusing Macros
A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros
Here is the TinyUrl for this page: http://tinyurl.com/26fsj3p
A .pdf of the paper is available here.
Reusable SAS(R) programs come in two forms: macros or %includes. This paper reviews the standard SAS environment and examines the options used to customize a session or batch program for reuse of macros stored in the project directory.
Expected audience is intermediate to advanced programmers and macro users.
Keywords: autocall compile macro masking MautoSource mStored program reuse SASautos SASmStore source store
Here are the filenames, libnames and options used for each.
filename Project '<directory-specification>'; filename SiteMacr '<directory-specification>'; * macro autocall is list of filerefs; options mautosource sasautos = (Project SiteMacr SASautos); * macros compiled and stored in libref.SASmacr.sas7bcat; *libname LibMacro '<directory-specification>'; *options Mstored SASmStore = LibMacro;
- support.sas.com knowledge base
- see example autoexec in
- ListMcat.sas is in
- Listing Macros in SASautos provides a list of sas-supplied macros in each of your product\sasmacro folders
- options: mautosource mstored sasautos sasmstore
- SAS OnLine Doc:
- Storing Autocall Macros Supplied by SAS
- Which SASautos Macros are available to my SAS Session?
- Harry Droogendyk
- Give Your Macro Code an Extreme Makeover: Tips for even the most seasoned macro programmer
- Russ Tyndall
- SAS Macros-Top Five Questions(and Answers!)
- Kim Wilson - SAS Institute
-- created by User:Rjf2 15:57, 10 May 2007 (EDT)