As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
SENIOR SAS ADVANCED PROGRAMMER / DI DEVELOPER - SPRINGFIELD, MA 5-6 MO C2H
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
SENIOR SAS ADVANCED PROGRAMMER / DI DEVELOPER
COMPANY: Pinnacle Solutions, Inc.
POSITION: SENIOR SAS ADVANCED PROGRAMMER / DI DEVELOPER
JOB DURATION: 5-6 MO C2H
LOCATION: SPRINGFIELD, MA
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: Until Filled
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Senior SAS Advanced Programmer / DI Developer as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a large Energy Company, located in Springfield, MA for a 5-6 Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 6-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a Senior SAS Advanced developer opportunity responsible for ETL development of SAS processes/code from different sources of data to an Oracle Enterprise data warehouse. Consultant MUST be an expert SAS developer optimizing SAS Code.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
- Must have robust Data Warehousing experience and ETL experience.
- Must have strong Data Modeling experience.
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in designing and developing systems or applications for reporting, data management and analytics using SAS.
- Senior Expert level SAS proficiency in the following:
- Base SAS DATA step programming (i.e. Data step programming: use of functions, merges, working with lags, retains, arrays, Proc Means, Proc Transpose, Excel Tagsets, and other Procs for general data manipulation and reporting).
- SAS Macro language for use in making the code more efficient and building modular systems (treating macros as subroutines).
- SQL programming (i.e. use of both SQL pass-through and PROC SQL via SAS/Access to one or more databases).
- SAS/Access to Relational Databases to read/write to/from RDBMS.
- Utilizing SAS Enterprise Guide and its functionality to create project flows which could include aspects of data access, manipulation, summarization, and report generation to a variety of output formats and channels.
- Understands SAS best practices, tips & tricks, and innovative in the usage of SAS.
- Experience with proper SAS code testing procedures and has a good understanding of when results are correct or need to be revised.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
- Self-starter, works independently as necessary, and with other business and technical people.
- Ability to convey in business/layman terms what SAS code is doing.
- Ability to understand business requirements and validate/ask appropriate follow-up questions in order to translate to what is needed for SAS processing.
- Oracle RDBMS experience is a MUST.
- SAS Administration experience is a plus.
- Experience using SAS for statistics is a plus.
· Bachelor of Science in computer science or related field
LOCATION(S): Springfield, MA
WORK TYPE: 5-6 Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.
Name: Tess Cunningham, Talent Acquisition & Client Relations Manager
Phone: (317) 423-9143 x815 (EDT)
Web site: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com/careers