As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
SENIOR SAS ADVANCED SAS PROGRAMMER / EBI DEVELOPER – PITTSBURGH, PA 3-MO C2H ON-SITE/REMOTE
- Note: This employment opportunity has expired and is no longer available. It has been retained for historical interest only.
- For current listings see Employment opportunities.
SENIOR SAS ADVANCED PROGRAMMER / EBI DEVELOPER
COMPANY: Pinnacle Solutions, Inc.
POSITION: SENIOR SAS ADVANCED PROGRAMMER / EBI DEVELOPER
JOB DURATION: 3-MONTH C2H
LOCATION: PITTSBURGH, PA
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: Until Filled
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly-experienced Senior SAS Advanced Programmer / EBI Developer (with Teradata experience) as an addition to our elite SAS Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a Healthcare Company, located in Pittsburgh, PA for a 3-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, On-site at beginning and then Remote (90%).
NOTE! Candidate - please specify desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 3-month contract, if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a SAS Application Architect opportunity responsible for planning, designing, developing, testing and implementing complex Business Intelligence solutions through use of BI tools, technologies and systems, particularly the use of SAS on the Unix platform for applications built using Base SAS, SQL, SAS/Access, SAS macros and possibly SAS BI and DI. Duties will include development of complex applications, being a team lead for application developers and following the technical project management process.
This role is Senior level and the Candidate acts as a Team Leader for the application development team. This role will provide day-to-day direction to the SAS application developers and teams. The Candidate will interface a great deal with Business Units, ensuring they have solid requirements, attending meetings, and interacting with Management. They will define and design application architectures, mentor application developers, and perform code review of others’ code. The Candidate needs to have experience documenting requirements and design, and performing UAT.
The Client has a great deal of production applications running in the Solaris SAS environment.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
• A Bachelor of Science in computer science or related field.
• At least 5 years of progressive experience in designing and developing systems or applications for reporting, data management and data mining.
• Five (5) years of experience in SAS application development.
• Be Senior level proficient in Base SAS programming (DATA step), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient.
• Application Development experience is required. From a SAS Applications Development experience standpoint, this is not just a consultant that knows the SAS language and has used it to create reports, but rather it is someone who is familiar applying application development techniques, and has experience creating, modifying and debugging perhaps complex applications – for example, an application that may have 30 different programs all tied together in a batch job.
• Teradata, DB2 and Oracle RDBMS experience.
• Experience developing reports and content with SAS 9.4 Enterprise Business Intelligence products including:
- o Utilizing Enterprise Guide and its functionality to create project flows which could include aspects of data access, manipulation, summarization, and report generation to a variety of output formats and channels, etc.
- o Creating and using Stored Processes for the creation of customized web output, to include:
- o Leveraging and utilizing the creation and passing of parameters from one Stored Process to another via hyperlinks, listboxes, textboxes, etc. (The appropriate use of Macro coding, macro variables, and Macro functions to ensure correct parameter passing is vital).
- o Utilize knowledge of Macro variables available to processes running under the stored process server.
- o Leveraging the ability for creating session variables & passing parameters as macro variables for chaining Stored Processes.
• Object Oriented programming skills.
• Must have experience working in a production support environment.
• Unix – Solaris platform knowledge.
• Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
These are plus skills/experience to have:
• SAS Data Integration Studio or SAS Data Management Studio.
• Healthcare Insurance Data experience – This is a plus, not a requirement.
• Hadoop experience.
• Visualization tools – SAS Visual Analytics.
LOCATION(S): Pittsburgh, PA
WORK TYPE: 3-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, On-site at beginning and then Remote (90%)
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite SAS technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite SAS Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting and learn more about us at: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.
Name: Tess Cunningham, Talent Acquisition & Client Relations Manager
Phone: (317) 423-9143 x815 (EDT)
Web site: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com/careers