As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Send email with SAS
You can send email using a SAS DATA step. This can be useful to automatically alert you that a job has finished, or communicate results to users. This can include attaching a report or even the SAS log.
SAS uses the SMTP protocol to send such messages.
For more information and examples, see the links below.
- Usage Note 19767: Using the SAS® System to send SMTP email support.sas.com.
- SMTP E-Mail Access Method: Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- You've Got Mail – E-mailing Messages and Output Using SAS® EMAIL Engine
- You've Sent Mail: Sending Reports Automatically Through SAS
- Using Gmail to send a message via SAS Enterprise Guide
- This SAS blog post details how to send an SMS (text message) using email-to-text
- FILENAME Statement, EMAIL (SMTP) Access Method from the SAS documentation