As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
Software Intelligence Corporation
Kirk Paul Lafler Senior SAS Consultant, Application and Tool Developer, Data Scientist, Trainer and Author Software Intelligence Corporation E-mail: KirkLafler@cs.com LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/KirkPaulLafler Twitter: @sasNerd
Kirk Paul Lafler's Bio
Kirk Paul Lafler has been programming in SAS since 1979 and is consultant and founder of Software Intelligence Corporation. He is a SAS Certified Professional, application developer, data scientist, sasCommunity emeritus advisory board member, mentor, and provider of IT consulting services and training to SAS users around the world. As the author of six books including Google Search Complete! (Odyssey Press. 2014) and PROC SQL: Beyond the Basics Using SAS, Second Edition (SAS Institute. 2013), he has written more than five hundred papers and articles, been an Invited speaker at five hundred-plus SAS International, regional, special-interest, local, and in-house user group conferences/meetings, and is the recipient of 23 “Best” contributed paper, hands-on workshop (HOW), and poster awards. Kirk can be reached at: Kirk Paul Lafler Senior SAS® Consultant, Application Developer, Data Scientist, Trainer and Author Software Intelligence Corporation E-mail: KirkLafler@cs.com LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/KirkPaulLafler Twitter: @sasNerd
Abstract of Services
Software Intelligence Corporation has been using SAS software since 1979 and has a history of providing leadership and innovation on projects. As the Senior SAS Consultant, Kirk Paul Lafler is an application and tool developer, provider of specialized consulting and training services, mentor, SAS user group executive board member, and author.
Consulting and Application Development Projects
- Taught SAS software programming fundamentals to more than 20,000 users worldwide
- Developed the first scalable FIRST., LAST., and Between By-group processing using SAS-SQL
- Designed and developed state-wide statistical reporting system using SAS macro language, PROC TABULATE, PROC SQL, PROC REPORT, DATA step programming, and SAS Enterprise Guide
- Developed best practice programming guidelines for converting SAS output to RTF format
- Performed SAS performance tuning and developed best practice SAS programming guidelines
- Performed hardware and SAS software Validation & Verification activities, development of SOPs, and documentation services
- Performed SAS data analysis, coding, testing, data conversion, and Validation & Verification reporting
- Designed, developed, and implemented production mainframe reporting applications using SAS software and ISPF Dialog Facility
- Analyzed client requirements in the design, development, and implementation of mainframe and Unix reporting for a Risk Management operation.
Books by Kirk Paul Lafler
Google Search Complete! (Odyssey Press – 2014) PROC SQL: Beyond the Basics Using SAS, Second Edition (SAS Institute – 2013) PROC SQL: Beyond the Basics Using SAS (SAS Institute – Fall 2004) Power SAS (Apress – Fall 2002) Power AOL (Apress – Spring 2002) The Year 2000 How To Guide for Medical Laboratories (Odyssey Press – 1999)
SAS Software Expertise
BASE/SAS – DATA Step, PROC SQL, ODS, ODS Statistical Graphics, Hash programming techniques, Macro Language, etc. Business Intelligence Static and Dynamic Dashboard Designs SAS Enterprise Guide SAS/ACCESS SAS/CONNECT SAS/AF SAS/ASSIST SAS/FSP SAS/GRAPH SAS/SHARE
Application/Specialty Expertise and Interests
Database Design Applications Development Best Practice Coding Conventions and Techniques Performance Tuning Database Interfacing User Interface (UI) Design Data Conversions Business/Financial/Engineering/Scientific Analysis Macro and Data Driven Applications Custom Programming Graphics
Install Institute software Tune database applications and queries Develop SAS applications Contract and custom programming Performance analysis and reporting Custom instructor-led and hands-on workshop training on essential Base-SAS programming techniques