Using a Wiki
sasCommunity.org uses Wikimedia software and its features are documented there. That page contains numerous useful links. For the convenience of sasCommunity.org users, a number of the most useful links are listed below. Users feel free to add additional links that contain helpful tips. If you have any comments or questions about this page, please note them on the discussion tab.
- A brief overview of editing basics.
- Details on some selected advanced editing features.
- A set of Frequently Asked Questions about editing.
- The editing toolbar provides a way to add the most commonly used markup commands.
- There is also a collection of tips and tricks.
- A collection of shortcuts that are particularly useful when previewing your edits before saving them.
- A number of HTML tags can also be used and provide great flexibility in creating pages for those users familiar with HTML syntax.
- There are lots of ways to embed images in your page.
Note: This link has lots of useful information, but it will take a while to digest.
All of the above are part of the Mediawiki Help pages and most can be found in the links to other help pages section.
And finally, if you find a page and you are curious how that authors did that, just click the edit tab to see the wiki markup language. Be careful to not change it unintentionally however. If you do, just use the history tab to roll-back any unintended changes.