Where did Hamer go?
When I first logged in to this site, I saw email from Bob Hamer but now that has disappeared. How do I list all email from a particular person or on a particular topic? I will keep exploring and may be able to answer these questions myself. - Sally
Sally, sasCommunity.org does not incorporate email threads. You might have seen his name in a history tab somewhere. Regardless, here are some tips (but read to the end before you do anything J).
- go to Special Pages along the left hand panel
- scroll down to User list
- enter Hamer for the starting at and hit Go
- the first user entered is Bob Hamer and along the left hand panel there is a link for E-mail this user (which I note that Bob has not enabled).
- regardless, if you click on the talk tab, Bob will likely be notified of whatever you enter.
HTH, --Don Henderson 13:14, 17 March 2009 (EDT)
- If you know (or at least suspect) which user has contributed to the wiki you can check their contributions. In this case go to the page User:Hamer and follow the Contributions link. You should be able to check the contributions of any user this way. The Contribs that you see beside a user name on history pages, and in other special pages, serves the same purpose. - Cameron 19:43, 8 June 2013 (EDT)
- From the contributions I see that Sally possibly found what she was looking for at User:Hamer/BlogEntry: 2007 February 26 17:48:20 EST or Talk:Main Page. And this querstion is answered now. - Cameron 20:35, 8 June 2013 (EDT)
Also, the way to find things on a Wiki is to use the search function. The search at sasCommunity.org is actually done by a Google appliance, so the search features are what you expect from Google.
--Statprof 13:25, 17 March 2009 (EDT)
The standard MediaWiki search is also available:
- Click on Special Pages
- Click on Search
- You can then restrict the search to just User by selecting only that checkbox
- Enter the person's name (or a guess at what their username might be) and you will get separate listings of User pages with the text you searched for:
- in the page name
- in the body of the page
--Don Henderson 22:01, 17 March 2009 (EDT)
- Unfortunately, a search will not reveal content that has subsequently been changed (edited out) or removed, which might be the case here. To find that content you need to look in the page edit history, which means you need to remember the page where you previously saw the information that has disappeared. Things rarely disappear completely from a wiki, but they might be hidden from view in some obscure location. - Cameron 19:43, 8 June 2013 (EDT)