sasCommunity:Is not Wikipedia
sasCommunity.org is not Wikipedia.
Although the sasCommunity.org website is a "wiki" and runs the same Mediawiki software as Wikipedia does, that does not mean sasCommunity.org is Wikipedia.
sasCommunity.org uses Mediawiki software for a reason: to make it extra easy to collaborate, contribute and connect. Although the software might be the same, there are some significant differences.
- sasCommunity.org is not part of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- You cannot edit sasCommunity.org anonymously. You need to log on to edit.
- If you contribute, you should be a SAS User.
- You can contribute original research. What you write can be a report of your own experimentation with SAS.
- What you contribute will be read by other SAS Users, so you do not need to explain everything or simplify technical complexity so it can be understood by any man in the street, although it should be written so it can be understood by the SAS User in the street.
- You should be contributing something related to SAS and SAS Users.
Despite these differences there are some similarities with Wikipedia:
- sasCommunity.org has a similar culture to Wikipedia. Behaviour that is acceptable to Wikipedia users will usually be acceptable to sasCommunity.org users.
- sasCommunity.org is a wiki and because it uses the same software as Wikipedia it operate in ways that are like Wikipedia.